Friday, November 15, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!


On my birthday, my dad loves posting tons of photos of me throughout the years. WELL NOW I GET TO DO IT! With the added knowledge of GIFS!!!!! TODAY IS HIS BIRTHDAY YAY!

Let me explain the gif above: my awesome father is a diehard Red Sox fan (where do you think I got it from?!) and during this past playoff season, he took a photographic journey of his playoff beard from start to finish. Basically, he posted beard selfies every day. I always looked forward to them (as did my friends!) and I just had to slice them together for an animation of his journey, which, might I add, TOTALLY PAID OFF. (Yes, it's his birthday, so I'll bestow upon him and his beard the Red Sox World Series win. All the magic of his beard!)

And so, here are a few photos of my wonderful, caring, genuinely amazing father. He was a military career man, and his life shaped my life in the best way possible. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I'm grateful, lucky, and proud. And I am constantly admiring him as a role model. He's someone I always eagerly look forward to visiting with or just having a conversation. (Usually about movies!) Love you, Dad!





With my brother and me: our annual photo tradition

He let me tell him ALL ABOUT New Kids on the Block back then
Mom and Dad, military ball style!
My dad and I last month on our fall foliage trip

No comments:

Post a Comment