Monday, June 11, 2007

Don't stop believing!

I did a lot of cooking this weekend, and I enjoyed it.

I also played a lot of Wii. I'm officially a wii tennis pro. The Dagger and I took Mack & El Adam down last night in more than one tournament.

I thoroughly loved this last season of The Sopranos. I want to watch all the other seasons again. I thought the last few episodes were near perfect in their story-telling, directing, and acting. Even the series finale. Any avid Sopranos watcher knows how the creators work the show - there's never going to be any end-all moment. It's just perfect enough to be satisfied, and perfect enough to speculate upon.

I'm going to keep going because I feel like it.

You can't tie everything together in a sweeping finale - especially the way the show has tried to cultivate a gritty suburban realism. I'd think it a cop-out if it went down flashforward-style like Six Feet Under...or if the whole family went down in a blaze of gunfire. False. The eerie feeling you get in those last four minutes is supposed to last...that's how the family continues. Every day will still hold a veil of threat, but they go on. Unless, of course, you believe that snap to black was Tony getting shot (but not knowing it) and our protagonist dies, along with our view into his world.

Nah. I'm going to believe that their dramatic lives go on. We just don't get to watch it.

Oh, and I think the Russian is dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment