Friday, October 26, 2007

How good it is to see you.

Okay, I totally have a friend crush on Dave Grohl. Not a real crush; he's not someone I'd want to make out with. He's not a Top Five (haha). But he is one of the only people I'd be incredibly star struck by. He's fucking cool + uh, Foo Fighters! + all these quotes coming out of his mouth lately are adorable.

I think this is from Rolling Stone, I definitely e-mailed it to Curbside a couple of months ago when I read it:

What's on your current playlist?
"Keep the Car Running" by Arcade Fire. That's a fucking great song. At this point, though, it's whatever my daughter can dance to. And she has kickass taste in music. She doesn't go for Wiggles or Barney bullshit. She digs Amy Winehouse and she loves the Cars. I put on a Mastodon record the other day and she started dancing to that. I immediately turned it off, thinking, "I don't know if I like the fact that you're sixteen months and into thrash metal. You're growing up a little too quick for me, honey."

And from the latest Blender, calling into the magazine after a short tour in England:

"Long time, no talk! Man, I’m so glad we came home. I’ve just been parked on the couch all week, eating pizza and watching Top Chef reruns. Actually, that’s not true. I’ve been waking up at 7 every morning with my 16-month-old daughter. I missed her like crazy — the first thing I did was run inside and tickle her for, like, an hour. Yesterday we had a Mommy and Me playdate, and over the weekend my wife and I took her to a baby pool party. We’re totally part of this little baby community. It ­reminds me of the hardcore scene.

"Twenty years ago, rock never seemed like a career decision for me. I just did it to get away from working at the furniture warehouse. Now I’m settled down with a beautiful woman and a beautiful kid, and my music pays the rent. It’s really all I ever wanted."

This was the closest pic I could find of Grohl and his baby:

Another reason he's friend crush-worthy is that his hair looks so pretty in the video for "The Pretender" that I'm kinda jealous.

Okay, that will end my friend crushing for today. Except to say my ultimate friend crush would be Gwen Stefani. Obvs.

No comments:

Post a Comment