Monday, January 5, 2009

My sincere architecture.

I'm pretty happy with the way 2008 turned out. I mean, I think I can safely say it was the best year of my life thus far. In no way can I try to quantify or qualify it in order to demonstrate its supreme awesomeness.

I continued to be surrounded by the good friends, loved by the one, and did away with the bad, evil, and life-ruining elements.

There's still work to be done, kinks to be sorted out - true of every life. Keep working until the end. Keep loving until the end.

[I've been reading Ryan Adams' Infinity Blues; please excuse my aimless pondering.]

I've never really believed in resolutions, because I make goals for myself all the time - not just at the beginning of the year. I feel on the brink of something...not quite sure what, but there's a lot I want to accomplish, not only in 2009, but in my life. Damn everything and anybody that stands in my way or judges my logic.

I think it's time I speak up when I want to, instead of cowering or tiptoeing. I'm done with people trying to do the "cool" thing; when you do it, it exhausts me, and I just want to have fun. I want to have fun without being frivolous or doing frivolous things. Stop making me feel bad for not doing something or voicing my own personal opinion. I want to read lots of books and put more thought into my writing. I'm ready to check things off, and not procrastinate. Prioritize. I'll do it my way, thank you. I'm done apologizing for things that aren't my fault.

I feel good. Here it is: I'm getting married and I've never felt more independent.

Changes are coming, but given my lifestyle from birth to present, that's always been the case. I welcome them, always.

15 comments:

  1. I think I need to read this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything you've said here. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great and inspiring post =) Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speak up and good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're centering yourself beautifully - happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "I feel good. Here it is: I'm getting married and I've never felt more independent."

    Congrats! That's basically me goal in life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inspiring.

    And I hope you're going to be at AK tomorrow since I'll probably be going for at least a little bit. I'll definitely be texting you tomorrow night!!! I'm so freaking exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post -- I feel better already. Congrats on your independence!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should write a book, I thought this was a great inspiring post.
    I am happy you feel great, you deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You girls inspire me so much. I'm so thankful to have such lovely people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You girls inspire me so much. I'm so thankful to have such lovely people in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah I totally need to read this book - and make a resolutions post.

    "I think it's time I speak up when I want to, instead of cowering or tiptoeing. "

    That is probably top of my list too. All the added stress I put on myself because I do tiptoe around things and try being so careful of what other people will think. It's just un-needed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Here it is: I'm getting married and I've never felt more independent."

    This is fucking awesome. I hope to feel like that if I ever get married.

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate to break it to you, but this post was way too coherent to be confused with Ryan Adams' writing.

    ReplyDelete