Tuesday, September 17, 2013

1193


As you all know, I've been cooking more. Mainly in the interest of not eating processed or pre-packaged foods. I felt really accomplished last night because I made a lemon-walnut pesto, mozerella-stuffed meatballs, and zucchini fries. This is me tooting my own horn because I was all by myself at the time and just did a dance in the kitchen. The invisible hula-hoop dance, of course.

+

Jesse arrived late from Chicago last night and had some of the cold (phenomenal) dinner, and then we watched Breaking Bad's latest episode. His first time, my second. What a heartbreaker. What an emotional wollop. What a show that in my eyes started out somewhat mediocre but became a brilliant bohemeth. Is the opposite trajectory happening to Mad Men? It certainly happened to Lost.

+

The cold is creeping in. I love autumn, so I was extra-excited this morning to wear my suede Pour la Victoire oxfords. Not that I haven't been freezing all summer in my office's air conditioning. Jesse and I noticed we were both wearing navy shoes on the way back from happy hour this evening, too.

+

I've been off my movie-going game. Good thing all the good stuff comes out in the fall, and I'm revving up. I still have to see Blue Jasmine, The Spectacular Now, In a World, and most importantly at the moment, Short Term 12. We'll see when I plan to fit this all in. It may start tonight with one of the above as I head home from work to meet up with Jesse in Brooklyn....

+

I'm home now and I can tell you that we decided not to see a movie. After a nice early evening out with friends, we parked it on the couch. I didn't really like Brooklyn 99, but it's a pilot so I should give it more time. I still love The Mindy Project so much. Always. Forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment