Monday, September 17, 2007

Santa Barbara is gorgeous.

Our view from the lovely & quaint & glamorous Montecito Inn.

We tried to get the beach beyond the tennis courts that set the scene at the first part of Dan & Kristy's wedding reception. It was so gorgeous! Mmm....raspberry chamagne.

I'm sad the iPhone couldn't capture the beach.

We drove up the coast to Santa Barbara, surveying the lovely coastline and arriving to the Montecito Inn, where Dan & Kristy were already lounging poolside, and we basically threw on our suits and joined them. I can't describe how incredible it felt to relax in the pool for a couple of hours, get to know Dan & Kristy and their friends & family, and just take in the perfect vacation weather.

I thanked Jesse for the glorious week by taking him out to a somewhat swanky Italian restaurant and we gorged on a delectable dinner and ravenous conversation that still hadn't ceased, despite having spent every minute of the last seven days together. We went to another bar for drinks with the wedding party and he beat me quite easily at fooseball. It was the first time I had ever played!

The wedding was beautiful. After the elegant ceremony, everyone went outside for a champagne reception and the cliff overlooked the coast. Inside, there was a live band and course after course of delicious food. Jesse refused to save me on the dance floor when another gentleman tried to take my hand, and he's still laughing about it. He caught the garter, bragged about it.

We made it back to the room for some poker...our last night of vacation...and I lost. A lot. That game always evens out. I think he was just casing me all week. Figures.

No comments:

Post a Comment