Monday, October 25, 2010

Way it goes.

It was a particularly emotionally draining weekend. However, through all the somberness, there was the light that breaks through when friends gather for one another. There was laughter and silly jokes and memorable stories. There were many, many hugs. I can only hope that my friend's pain continues to be eased as the days pass. For now, I look for the positivity in all things. The brighter spots in life. And I wish to one day own the same amount of strength and poise my friend does.

1 comment:

  1. My best friend's dad died a few weeks ago and the funeral was this weekend, too. It's really hard to watch a dear friend grieve, isn't it? The Didion quote from your post below was really perfect.

    Wishing you and your friend, as well as her family, the best right now.

    ReplyDelete