Wednesday, November 6, 2013

1210



Last night I could not tear myself away from S. Did I tell you it even smells like an old library book? How did they do that?!

It takes some time to read this book, since you're not only reading the novel, you're reading two people's notes in the margins as they pass the book off between themselves. Plus, there are tons of little post cards and notes between pages. I've finished the introduction and first chapter and I'm trying to keep track of all the... evidence? Clues? I'm not even sure! But I'm trying to remember everything! It's great fun, a real adventure of a read.

+

I also got some good news on Miss Louise. It seems she's miraculously coherent and not comatose as they thought she might be for some time. I am continuing to send my positive thoughts and energy! Those that are there at her bedside report that the doctors are stumped as to how well she is doing, and I couldn't be happier!

+

Last night I was watching The Mindy Project in a rare break from my book. It happened to guest-star Timothy Olyphant (babe) and Vanessa Bayer (acquaintance!). Coincidentally, I'm seeing her tonight in a live comedy show, and I'm excited to ask her what it was like to smooch with Chris Messina. Because I will, and I am legitimately curious.

Jesse, me, Vanessa, Jonah (her brother), Christina, and Tony after a live SNL taping last year

No comments:

Post a Comment