Thursday, November 7, 2013

1211


Last night was a bonefied laugh RIOT at the New York Comedy Festival's HERsterical show. I didn't realize going into it that it would be an all-female comedy show, and I was pleasantly surprised, and then continuously laughing for the duration. All proceeds from the fun show went to Gilda's Club.

We saw comics like Nikki Glaser, Alyse Kenney, and Marina Franklin--whose set I could barely breathe during, it had me (and Jaime) laughing so hard. Vanessa headlined and she's really great at doing on impersonation of herself telling a joke about sex.

Afterwards, while Jaime and I were discussing the show in our seats as everyone filtered out, a guy in a black windbreaker came up to us and said "You guys! You guys were great, you were like part of the show!" CREEP ALERT. Why were you staring at us laughing at a comedy show?

+

We met up with Vanessa and friends at a bar later and I got to ask her all about important things like Mindy Kaling's wardrobe, Chris Messina's smirk, and Kerry Washington's all-around adorable-ness. I gathered this information and stored it away for future use in my everyday life, of course.

+

I arrived at home too tired to read any more of S, though it's all I was thinking about on the train ride home. The only energy I had left to muster was to call Jesse for our nightly talk. It's always a treat to come home and hear his voice even if it's miles away.

+

After work today I'm heading to a bi-weekly happy hour meet-up with my best friends. It's something I always look forward to. It's easy to lose track of time with everyhing this city throws at our schedules, so we make sure to hang out every other week to catch-up.

I was talking to Kelly one evening about a month ago when we met up after work and I told her how when I was in high school, I couldn't imagine the job I was doing, but I did imagine that it'd be in New York. And I saw myself meeting up with her for a happy hour cocktail to recount our respective days -- which is what we were doing at that moment. Sometimes it's the small things like that that make me smile when they come to fruition.

1 comment:

  1. You've got such insider knowledge. Messina's smirk is the greatest. He's the greatest. Siiigh.

    Been enjoying SNL lately, and I'm excited to see John Mulaney doing stand-up tonight. I don't think I've seen anyone from SNL, writer or otherwise, live before. I'm excited. (So much that I've said it twice.)

    Total side note, I picked up a couple Helen Fielding paperbacks for my trip! And a book about how to get a job, which is necessary but not as fun as Bridget Jones. :)

    ReplyDelete