Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hammer strikes the metal and it makes me believe.

We have fun. (L2R: El Adam, Beth, Tony, Moi, Fianz)
Pic courtesy of Erica via Beth's iPhone.

Obviously, this weekend was a blast. I had a night of restful solitude on Friday. I think I have a serious friend-crush on Zooey Deschanel, so I discussed this with her biggest fan, Rick. Jesse and I got in a video chat. Oh, and when I got off the subway on Friday, this happened:

Girl: Hey, I love your bag...'cause that band is great...
Me (looking down at my Motion City tote): Thanks! Yeah! I love them. Actually, the dude who plays the keyboards is my fiancee, we live here together--
Girl (looks embarrassed): Oh, cool...
(she laughs nervously and walks away superfast)

On the street, she's about twenty feet ahead and looks shyly back at me, we make eye contact, and she scurries away even faster. Huh? What did I do?! I was ready for conversation. We coulda been friends! Oh well.

I spent Saturday's torrential downpour in the apartment with Erica, Gaby, and Jonah. We watched one of my favorite movies ever, Swimming with Sharks, a super-dark comedy starring Kevin Spacey pre-Oscars. I even went through the formalities of introducing the film, and giving background (it was the "Devil Wears Prada" of Hollywood insiders at the time). We also decided that we're going to have an October film-viewing for dudes who haven't seen The Notebook, since Jesse hasn't, and Jonah and Adam both admitted they hadn't either. Jesse's mom actually gave us the movie on our last visit, and I told Jesse he had to wait to watch it when he got back. The funny thing is, all of them have heard it's a good movie, just you know, they're dudes. I'll most likely have an introduction speech for that one, too. Whatever.

You can probably tell from all the pics I posted via my sidekick that Sunday's hangs were epic. I'll just reiterate how much I love my friends, and when you're surrounded by good people, there's always good times.

10 comments:

  1. looks like a serious blast!

    the girl obvs was intimidated by your celeb status jessica! :)

    how'd u get the iphone to take that without having SOMEONE take it? it is much less blurry than mine usually are, and i didn't even know that i could set a timer thingy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Erica took the picture on Beth's iPhone. Hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched the Notebook. It was totally one of those im all alone on a saturday night and have nothing to do, eh fuck it ill watch the notebook.

    it was pretty good, but i was a little dissapointed at my own lack of emotion though. I know multiple dudes who admit to crying during this movie but the only thing that brought me even near to tears was the fact that I am not dating/married/touching Rachel McAdams.

    Also, I has serious non-friend crush Zooey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea my bangs are all Zooey, all the time. I have a totally compulsive love of that girl. My bachelorette is going to be me singing She & Him over top of whatever is playing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zooey is quite a cutie. I'm scared watching The Notebook will be even more emotionally intense on your home entertainment system... If it's anything like Top Gun, I'm done for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Zoey!!

    As for the notebook, think I need to see it again. It never got to me like it did with all my friends, I wasnt in a romantic mood that day I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  7. a) because it's been too long since we exchanged swimming with sharks quotes: "this is the only way that you can hope to survive. Because life is not a movie. everyone lies. good guys lose, and love does not conquer all" and "this is not a business, this is show business. punching below the belt is not only all right, it's rewarded."

    b) ive never seen the notebook and may have to come for the sceening

    ReplyDelete
  8. i <3 zooey deschanel.

    so...this chick was either a.) embarrassed that she'd opened her mouth to someone of such status or b.) terrified that you were a delusional nutcase who lives in a dream world.
    i vote 'b' because it's funnier.

    the notebook makes me cry. i can't watch it anymore, because crying that much gives me a headache.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sean - i'm glad lolspeak could tell me how you felt about zooey

    kyla bea - SHE AND HIM FOR LIFE. :) srsly, they're in my wedding jams, too.

    el adam - get ready

    chele - apparently everybody does :) watch it again!

    keller - a) you should talk to him about the yelling. it makes you look like schmuck. b) "the notebook" festival oct 08, welcomes you.

    amanda jo - i mean, at that point in the day, i'd probably go with "b" too. :)

    ReplyDelete