Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's toasted.

Announcement! Announcement! I don't know if you've heard, but Jon Hamm (THE Don Draper, my favourite of the Mad Men) is hosting Saturday Night Live this weekend. We all know of my love for him. And GUESS who is going to the live dress rehearsal Saturday night?!?!?!

THIS GIRL! THIS GIRL! THIS GIRL! WHATTUP?!

If you're unaware, the dress rehearsal occurs from 8-10 every Saturday night before the actual live show. They go through two hours of material during this time, and between 10 and 1130, they cut out a half-hour of skits for the live broadcast. My laugh factor (or lack thereof) may help decide which skits make it and which get auf'd. Just sayin'.

Oh, and the musical guest (who also rehearses) is Coldplay, a band who's music is creeping up on my U2-brand lame-factor. But they're solid, of course. The SNL studio is actually one of the best out there - apparently it sounds amazing when you're right there, but sometimes doesn't translate to television as wonderfully.

I'd like to give a special THANK YOU to my bestie Kells for this lovely engagement gift. How awesome is she?? Yeah, she's right at 11 stars out of 10. She's good people. She's salt of the Earth. And, in all honesty, she's one of the most inspiring people I know, and one of the people I most admire. Two words: Hero Status.

And now, this is a perfect opportunity to share more Jon Hamm/Don Draper photos. Anybody complaining? Didn't think so.


Slick.

Pensive.

Perceptive.

See you on Saturday.

11 comments:

  1. Very cool! I've never been to a taping of SNL, but I did make it to Conan a few times. Have so much fun (I know you will)! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you!!

    I have an award for you on my blog.

    http://squashcakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thats all kinds of cool. not that i watch mad men, but i've told i NEED to and he's hot. so thats really enough. aaaaand its just freaking cool to be at SNL. have fun. i wanna hear alllllll about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying. Seriously dying. I want play by play details. I'm talking Twitter updates here!! Oh and pictures of course!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy god. That's.....the coolest thing ever?
    I think that it might be!!

    They may call the police but I think you should rush the stage during his monologue.

    I'm a good influence, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, love Mad Men. I definitely have a ticket to see Elisabeth Moss in a play on bway next month! Hollur Mad Men actresses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahh im so jealous! that's awesome. have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow have an awesome time! i didn't know that about SNL.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sonya ina - i love conan! i've been to his show a couple of times (lot easier than SNL!) and even got to spend time on the set and backstage when everyone left (again, thanks to kells!)

    amber - woo! thanks! added you to my blogger roll!

    adam - you're telling me!

    ang - you WILL hear all about it! no need to worry! also, WATCH MAD MEN.

    kristen - i don't think pics are allowed, but i'll totes be twittering when i can! :)

    kyla bea - rushing stage? DONE.

    mich - oooh Moss & Pivenz! I've seen the ads, of course :)

    to live and love - will do!

    liz - yessssssss i will!

    ria leilani - i will i will! :)

    ReplyDelete