Yes, that's Jesse Santa Claus and our glorious tree!
I've uploaded the pictures to Facebook - see the album!
Things that may or may not have happened:
- Jesse and I made a delicious eggnog from THIS recipe - people have inquired as to where we sourced its amazingness. We added perhaps a bit too much bourbon, but it was still yummy. Plus, we doubled the recipe and put MY personal touch of scoops of vanilla ice cream in it to keep it chilled while it sat out.
- Jonah Bayer got his hair straightened. As you can see in the picture below, Christina wielded both a straightening iron and her beer as she set out on her mission...see the results in the album!
- The party was crowded from about 10 to midnight, and then as people filtered out, Team Couch arrived 20-people strong. I'm not kidding. It was amazing. The core of that group has been coming to our Holiday Party for all three years now! YES!
- It was also Tyler's birthday! Yay!
- There are no pics of ME, per se, but Jiscilla will have her pics up soon and Meik!'s already got them! He has some great party shots of everyone HERE and on his FLICKR.
- THE DRESS I WORE WAS FROM MY 10TH GRADE HOMECOMING. I don't have any full-length's yet (JISCILLA GET ON IT!), but it's basically a red satin number that's tight on top and flow-y on bottom. It hits mid calf and I wear a little tulle thing underneath to keep it bouncing. AND IT FIT. Sure, a little tight. Needed some help zipping up - but, it fit. Also, it's a pretty classy, 50s-esque dress, and I remember my mother and I bought it from a Victoria's Secret catalog back in...1998? 1999? I can't count. And yeah, it's been about 10 years since 10th grade - EEP! Oh, and I attached a large green flower to it, holiday-spirit style.
- The Dagger, Jesse and I really spiffed the place up with our tree and Erica's amazing photobooth backdrop!
- The traditional dance party was kicked off by none other than Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas" - OBVIOUSLY.
- And the night was capped off at 5am by some backgammon, Sorry, and Battleship. Also, thanks to Jonah and Quinn for their help in the bottle-gathering - which made clean-up the next morning SO much easier!
Twas another successful year for our Holiday Party!