Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Now I've got a feeling if I sang this loud enough.

I was just talking to my friend Dana, whom you may remember as the goddess who took me to see her pals No Doubt in concert a few months ago, as well as took me backstage where I met most of the band members, and then finagled us a ride back into the city with the drummer Adrian Young and his family. Yeah, like I said, GODDESS.

Anyway, she's doing some more rad stuff! She told me all about this, and I wanted to share - Ben Sherman, the stylish UK clothing label, rounded up a bunch of guitar picks from some of the world's coolest guitar and bass players and are auctioning them for charity. In the UK, apparently, picks are called "plectrums" so that's why this endeavor is being called the Very Important Plectrums Auction.

All proceeds go to Nordoff-Robbins Music Therapy with the exception of funds raised from the Singapore bands, which will go to the Straits Times School Pocket Money Fund, Singapore. Each band's plectrum comes with a handwritten message and is beautifully presented in a frame - and there are some awesome bands involved:










I mean, RIGHT UP MY ALLEY! Also involved: Dragonette, New Found Glory, Passion Pit, Nine Inch Nails, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, Blink-182, AND MORE! These plectrums look sweet, they go towards a good cause, and I wouldn't mind having a handwritten Tony Kanal note up in my place somewhere. You can find out more about the auction dates, the plectrums themselves, and the rest of the bands involved HERE!

Let me know if you start bidding or which ones look especially tempting!

2 comments:

  1. I WANT The Gaslight Anthem one! What a great auction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love any of those but if I had to pick I would want Ryan Adams.

    ReplyDelete