Saturday, September 21, 2013

1196


One more thought from Thursday, I just remembered.

Last week - I was in the middle of a conversation with a recently engaged woman and her friend interjected and said that his advice was to plan a wedding when there's a full moon because it has less of a chance of raining. We all sat and wondered about it and the guy took it back because he wasn't sure if he was correct. But then I declared this could be true because when I see a full moon, I see it. As in, it's a clear night out and I'm outside.

On Thursday night I walked home from the movie staring at a bright, full moon on a gloriously clear night. I consider it proof enough for now.

+

Last night Jesse and I traveled to Queens in order to say farewell to a couple of friends that are moving beyond the boroughs to the suburbs. They seek a faster commute (for one half of the pair) and more space (who doesn't want that?). They'll have a gigantic kitchen and a dog and they'll be living the dream outside of the city, but just within its grasp.

+

Related, somewhat.

+

A few weeks ago I had an awful dream. I was in a rural backyard and decorating a mini-stage of somesort. It was perfectly bright and there was a group of people spread through the yard. Then a bear cub ambled up to a little girl and she started petting it. Then her dad ran out to grab her but the mama bear came out. And then I was under the stage as both the bears were hugging the humans and I woke up in a sweat because I knew they were about to be mauled.

Like I said, awful.

AND THEN my dad said that last weekend while he was out of town their next-door neighbors saw a black bear ambling through the connected backyard! SIGNS. I've sufficiently warned my dad now and I hope my dream was no omen!

+

Today I woke up at 11:30am which is late for me and it was wonderful. I made it downstairs, plopped down on the couch with a blanket, spooned with my cat and started watching Project Runway's latest episode while I waited for UPS to deliver my new debit card. It was bright and peaceful and then from upstairs I hear "ARE YOU WATCHING TIM GUNN WITHOUT ME?!"

Jesse is no longer a closet Project Runway fan. Or, more aptly I should say, closet Tim Gunn fan. He does a pretty good impression, too. He proceeded to make his way down the stairs and plop down next to me, noting that Pee Wee never spooned with him on the couch.

I've found him to be a delightful PR-watching partner. Loads of opinions, my guy.

+

I've got a new music obsession and they are Kathleen Hanna's new band The Julie Ruin. I've been listening to the new album Run Fast on repeat for much of the last few days. It reminds me of the 90s and riot grrrls and all those bands I loved like Sleater Kinney and Bikini Kill. Also, synth-y! (For the record, I don't think Hanna could sing in a band and it NOT sound like a riot grrrl band?) I've been walking down the sidewalk nodding my head to the beat and wanting to raise a fist in the middle of the street. (Unintentional rhyme: first sign of insanity.)

No comments:

Post a Comment