Saturday, November 2, 2013

1206



Today I'm heading out on the road in a rental van with Amber, Mike, Tiffany, and Pat to Carlisle, PA. I always like to put together a little playlist before such outings, and I'm still super obsessed with Rdio. Mainly because I can make a playlist like the one above, my "Current Vibes" and also because I can look up anything in the middle of the drive upon request and play it. Well, almost everything.

Here's what I've been listening to lately, and I'm starting it off with the song that's been on repeat for the past four days. I love Janae Monelle and her latest album The Electric Lady. "Primetime," featuring Miguel is an awesome little slow jam with Pixie-like flavors...you'll see what I mean if you get to the last song and loop it around to the first again.

Current Vibes / Nov 13

01 Primetime - Janelle Monae
02 Psycho Killer - Talking Heads
03 White Teeth Teens - Lorde
04 We Sink - Chvrches
05 Stuck in the Middle with You - Stealers Wheel
06 Dear Chicago - Ryan Adams
07 Don't Save Me - Haim
08 Proof - Paramore
09 Let's Hear it for the Boy - Deniece Williams
10 Where is My Mind - Pixies

Sorry about that Ryan Adams song in the middle. It's one of his most depressing songs. But it's getting colder and it's November and I like depressing songs--you should know that about me already. So I, personally, am totally comfortable with a downer amidst these.

What song are you currently obsessed with?

+


Speaking of music, my friend Jim pointed me to this video online of The Ohio State University marching band performing at last week's football game. It's amazing - and much more entertaining than any halftime show I can remember seeing on television. (Even No Doubt's?!) This particular show was great because of all the movie scores, and I love movie scores. Jurassic Park's might be in my top five movie scores of all time. Enjoy!

+

And I'm off to the rental car company...

No comments:

Post a Comment