Monday, June 28, 2010

I wander aimless, leering at strangers.


It's about that time again. Yes, we're a week and one day into my separation from Jesse, and no, the stagnant heated arms of the obliterating humidity aren't replacing Jesse's as I fall asleep. It happens this way. There's much to do, but my mind wanders like it sees a bright, shiny object to the west, and that would be my husband. So I drift into silences sometimes, staring out a window like I'm in a Sofia Coppola movie - pensive muteness, great soundtrack - and I think about him. We'll be together soon, but it's kind of one of those recurring and familiar feelings when he's gone away. It's not horrible, but I find myself sighing a lot.

The swell part is that he's there when I reach out for him - not physically, of course, but somewhere there. Invisible lines stretching until our voices or words connect. He's always there.

8 comments:

  1. god, girl. amen...

    i forget how much i miss until they are gone again and i miss. it aches. sometimes just a twinge, sometimes horribly.

    beautiful post. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay - I knew you'd understand, lady. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The swell part is that he's there when I reach out for him - not physically, of course, but somewhere there. Invisible lines stretching until our voices or words connect. He's always there."

    that's pretty damn beautifully written lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the most gorgeous post I've read in a long time. It reminded me of one of my favorite poems, by W.S. Merwin, "Separation" which says: "Your absence has gone through me/Like thread through a needle/Everything I do is stitched with its color."

    I like it when blogs make me think of poems.

    Gorgeous! Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy - that sounds like a beautiful poem, I'll have to read it in its entirety now! Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet! He's in my neck of the woods! By the way, I went back to my normal blog, in case you were interested :)

    Take care!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erica - good to know! Will definitely update my reader! :)

    ReplyDelete